Recipe by Olha
If you have your own black currants make this lovely liqueur. Great for baking and cooking.
Top Review by stormylee
So good!! I did use black currants and added half of vanilla bean too, just for the fun of it. Produces a gorgeous, deeply-coloured, delicious liqueur. Will definitely make year after year! Thank you Olha!
- 907.18 g black currants, with a few leaves (about 7 cups)
- 946.36 ml brandy or 946.36 ml eau de vie
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the bunches of black currants, with their leaves, in a wide mouthed glass jar or a stoneware bottle.
- Pour in the alcohol, cover tightly and let macerate for about two months.
- Drain the flavored alcohol from the fruit.
- Mix the SUGAR and WATER, and bring just to a boil.
- Cool this syrup and add it to the alcohol.
- Bottle and cork.
- Keep the bottles of liqueur for one month before opening.
- To make about 2 quarts.
- Je Sais Faire Les Conserves.