Recipe by YummySmellsca
Arrowroot starch takes the place of traditional pectin in this adults-only jam! Adapted from Miyoko Schinner's book The Homemade Vegan Pantry, I added some dried currants to a currant juice for extra oomph and used a smooth, "Doppio Passo" wine for a semi-sweet elegance.
- 3 fluid ounces red wine (I used Doppio Passo Botter Primitivo Salento IGT)
- 3 cups black currant juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice (I used blood orange juice)
- 3 tablespoons dried currants
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the wine, juices, currants and sugar over medium heat until reduced by half and syrupy, about 45 minutes.
- Whisk together the arrowroot and water and add to the syrupy mixture.
- Simmer 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until bubbly and thick.
- Pour into jars and refrigerate up to 2 months.