Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another magazine find, so glad I did!
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lb mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons strong black coffee, cooled
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 2 tablespoons black sambuca (Opal Nera)
- cocoa powder (for dusting)
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar, then blend with mascarpone and cream at high speed.
- Add coffee, brandy and liqueur.
- In separate bowl, beat the egg whites until peaks form.
- Gently stir and fold the egg white mixture through the coffee and mascarpone mixture.
- Serve in small coffee cups, dusted with cocoa powder, I use white ones, looks nicer!
I not only used strong black coffee but reinforced it by adding a bit of espresso granules. Light and delicious, the sambuca was an added layer we thoroughly enjoyed. Made for the Comfort Cafe, a tag game.
This is a very light dessert, and the flavor of sambuca dominates (which is fine with me...I love sambuca). This is a great ending for a heavy meal! Next time I make it, I will probably use some espresso powder, because I couldn't really taste the coffee in this. Regardless, it was tasty. Note: this made 8 fairly large servings for me. Thanks for sharing!