- 4 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lb mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons strong black coffee, cooled
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 2 tablespoons black sambuca (Opal Nera)
- cocoa powder (for dusting)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar, then blend with mascarpone and cream at high speed.
- Add coffee, brandy and liqueur.
- In separate bowl, beat the egg whites until peaks form.
- Gently stir and fold the egg white mixture through the coffee and mascarpone mixture.
- Serve in small coffee cups, dusted with cocoa powder, I use white ones, looks nicer!