Recipe by Kathy228
This is the EASIEST dark chocolate cake yet. It is super-chocolaty and very moist. I've been using this recipe for 30-years. NOTE: Here's a substitute for the one cup buttermilk: 2/3 cup plain yogurt plus 1/3 cup milk.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strong black coffee, cooled
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup soured milk
- 1⁄2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat it all together in one big bowl.
- The batter will be very thin.
- Pour into a greased and floured 13 x 9 inch pan or two 9-inch layer pans.
- Bake 350°F for 35-40 minutes.
- * This is great when filled with creamy peanut butter and frosted with dark chocolate frosting.