Recipe by Lula
A Caribbean dish found in Bon Appetit. Perfect for summer!
Top Review by andreafortunoff
I used green onions instead of leeks, sesame oil instead of olive oil; chopped in a serrano pepper with a small knob of ginger and added a tablespoon of fish sauce and a teaspoon of sugar to the sauce. I also chopped a little mint with the cilantro. The fish was cooked perfectly and tasted great!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs skinless black cod fish fillets
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped leeks (white and pale green parts only, about 1 large)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon packed lime zest
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper; place in 11x7x2" glass baking dish. Drizzle with 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add leek over medium heat. Add leek and garlic; saute 7 minutes. Add coconut milk and remaining lime juic; boil until thick, about 4 minutes. Stir in lime peel.
- Spoon sauce over fish. Bake about 20 minutes, until fish is just opaque in center. Transfer to platter. Whisk juices in baking dish. Spoon around fish, top with cilantro.