1/3 Photos of Black Chocolate Cake
Dark rich and moist, this is a chocolate cake lover's dream! This complete recipe may be mixed by hand using a whisk, make certain to grease your baking dish generously for this see my Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!) and also make certain the water is boiling hot and the brewed coffee is hot and strong, use your own favorite frosting or see Kittencal's Chocolate Frosting/Icing
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar (reduce sugar to 1-1/2 cups for a less sweeter cake)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup hot boiled water
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee (or use boiling water mixed with instant coffee granules)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees (oven rack to second-lowest position).
- 2Generoulsy grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3In a bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt; set aside.
- 4Place the hot boiled water into a heat-proof mixing bowl along with the hot brewed coffee; add in the shortening and mix until melted.
- 5Mix in vanilla.
- 6Stir un the flour mixture until blended, then beat in eggs (batter will be thin).
- 7Pour the batter into prepared baking dish.
- 8Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cake test done.
- 9Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1831.8
- Calories from Fat 1658
- Total Fat 184.2 g
- Saturated Fat 46.4 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 309.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 4.6 g