Recipe by Chef 'Diva Divine
The flavor of sweet cherry is a delightful surprise in this luscious cake.
- 1 white cake mix (baked in 2 9-inch pans ..cooled)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 6 ounces cherry gelatin (8 serving size)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Free (thawed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place both cake layers, top sides up , in clean cake pan . Pierce layers evenly with large fork at 1/2" intrervals.
- Stir boiling water into gelatin mix at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Pour evenly over cake layers. REfrigerate 3 hours.
- Dip one of the ake pans in warm water 10 sec.
- Unmold onto serving plte. Spread with 1C of the whipped topping. Unmold seond cake layer; carefully place on 1st ake layer.
- Frost top and side of cakewith remaining whipped topping.
- REfridgerate at least 1hr or until ready to serve. Store in fridge.