Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Black Cherry Layered Pretzel Dessert recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cola-flavored carbonated beverage (12 oz. can)
- 1 1⁄4 cups crushed pretzels
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (3 ounce) packagesblack cherry gelatin
- 1 (11 3/4 ounce) jar Smucker's® Black Cherry Flavored Topping
- 2 1⁄4 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- HEAT oven to 375°F Pour cola in microwave-safe measuring cup or bowl. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while preparing crust. Combine crushed pretzels, sugar and butter until moistened. Press evenly in 8x8-inch baking pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool completely.
- MICROWAVE cola on HIGH 2 minutes or until boiling. Pour over gelatin in medium bowl. Stir gently 2 to 3 minutes until gelatin is dissolved and foam disappears. Stir in black cherry topping. Chill 10 to 15 minutes or until just slightly thickened.
- MEASURE 1 1/4 cups whipped topping in small bowl. Add 1/2 cup gelatin mixture, stirring until evenly blended. Spread over cooled pretzel crust. Chill 10 minutes. Spoon remaining gelatin mixture over whipped topping layer. Chill 1 hour or until firm. Top with remaining 1 cup whipped topping.