Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this on appetiteforchina.com, which adapted this recipe from Food & Wine.
Make and share this Black Cherry Iced Tea recipe from Food.com.
- Bring water to boil in a medium-sized pot.
- Add cherries, sugar, lemon juice, and star anise.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the cherries are almost falling apart.
- Turn off heat, mix in black tea, and let stand for 1 hour to cool.
- Strain liquid through a fine mesh sieve, mashing the cherries with a wooden spoon to extract more liquid.
- Discard solids.
- Transfer liquid to a pitcher and refridgerate until ready to serve.
This was so different from anything I ususally make but it was good. The anise is interesting with the cherry (I subbed reg anise seed and a pinch of all spice), but not entirely to my taste, I think I'd prefer to leave it out. Made for the Comfort Cafe July 09
Great cherry flavor in an ice tea. I am not an ice tea lover and I really like this a lot. I could drink this every day. Left out the anise by personal choice. Made for Summer Comfort Cafe.