Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is delicious! From one of my church cookbooks. Warning: This is another one of those take it to a potluck and save your figure recipes!
- 22 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
Ice cream filling
- 1 quart black cherry ice cream
- For crust:.
- Crush cookies in blender and put in pie plate.
- Add melted margarine and press crumb mixture up sides of pan.
- Refrigerate awhile to set.
- Make topping next as it must cool before putting on the ice cream.
- Cook all the topping ingredients in double boiler until thick.
- Place pan in sink filled with cool water or ice cubes for fast cooling.
- Soften ice cream. Press it into pie shell and top with cooled chocolate sauce.
- Freeze until firm.