Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
From TOH. This one is for the hubby! :) Note chill time.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages black cherry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups black cherry soda, chilled
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) canpitted dark sweet cherries, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in soda; refrigerate for 2 hours or until partially set.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form.
- Stir cherries and walnuts into gelatin; fold in whipped cream. spoon into parfait glasses. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 10 servings.
Fabulous! I had no idea what to expect, but the recipe sounded fun! I omitted the walnuts and used Cherry Coke Zero as my soda, and it turned out great! I love the fizzy, foamy texture of the parfait, and the cherries tasted so good with it. Thanks for sharing!