Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is from the latest Taste of Home issue. This is a really moist cake that is so good we ate the whole thing in less than two days. I used the buttery version of white cake mix and regular cherry yogurt and regular whipped topping since I don't like low-fat desserts too much.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 egg whites
- 2 (6 ounce) cartons fat free reduced-sugar cherry yogurt, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and egg whites just until moistened.
- Beat this cake mixture on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Fold one carton of yogurt into the cake mixture.
- Pour cake mixture into a 13-in x 9-in x 2-in baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake cake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Fold yogurt into whipped topping.
- Spread whipped topping mixture over cooled cake.
- Store in the refrigerator.
this is an amazing, simple cake! made it for the boyfriend's birthday. he's a black cherry nut so i used black cherry yogurt. it comes out so fluffy and moist and the cherry flavor kind of creeps up on you instead of hitting you in the face. tastes so much more complicated than it is! excellent!