Recipe by FLKeysJen
From "Enjoying the Art of Canadian Cooking" by Jehane Benoit. This would also make a fantastic ice cream topping or cherry pie filling.
- 1 lb large bing cherry, stemmed and pitted
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup red Burgundy wine or 1⁄4 cup port wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
- 3 tablespoons rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Add cherries to a sauce pan with honey and wine. Cook over low heat until red juice oozes out of the cherries.
- Turn up heat to medium high and stir in cornstarch, orange juice and rum. Keep stirring until mixture is creamy and transparent.
- Serve hot or cold with hot biscuits.