Recipe by floridoodle
A light, diabetic/diet-friendly white cake with stripes of black cherry goodness running through it. Yummy-yummy! Times do not include chilling.
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix (2 layer size)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 egg whites
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (1/3 ounce) boxjell-o sugar-free black cherry gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup ice water
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the cake according to directions for two 9-inch layers using the unsweetened applesauce and egg whites.
- Let cake cool for 10 minutes in the pans and then remove from pans.
- Spread half of the tub of Cool Whip on one of the cake layers.
- Place the other cake layer on top of the layer with Cool Whip.
- With a fork, generously poke holes through the cake.
- Prepare Jell-O according to directions using the hot then ice water.
- Pour Jello over the top of the cake.
- Carefully drain off any excess.
- Frost the cake with remaining Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.