Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I saw this recipe and it sounds delicious! Have not made it yet but will!
- 2 frozen puff pastry shells
- 1 cup frozen dark sweet cherries, thawed (reserve juice)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine or 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place frozen puff pastry shells on a nonstick baking sheet. Bake 22 to 27 minutes or until golden brown and puffed. Cool completely. Use a fork to remove center of pastry. (Reserve round piece to use for garnish, if desired.).
- Meanwhile, combine cherry juice, sugar, wine and cornstarch in a small saucepan, and whisk until cornstarch has dissolved completely. Place over medium heat, bring to a boil and continue boiling 1 minute, stirring constantly. Ad cherries, stir gently to coat cherries thoroughly, and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, add 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and almond extract, and cool completely.
- Combine cream cheese, milk, and powdered sugar in a small mixing bowl with electric mixer on low speed; blend until smooth. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, and beat until well blended.
- Spoon equal amounts into bottom of shells and spoon black cherries on top, allowing them to cascade down. Add pastry round, if desired.