Recipe by Annacia
Cute cupcakes that everyone will love. Easy and fun to make. Bright green or yellow jelly beans are great colors for the eyes.
Top Review by anme
I made these for a church bake sale tomorrow and so far they have won me over! I love the cute ideas for making cat faces, not to metion these cakes taste awesome! I made my own cake mix since I dont like box mixes and it worked out fine. Great recipe!
- 1 1⁄4 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 18 1⁄4 ounces chocolate cake mix
- 24 pieces halloween Oreo cookies
- 16 ounces milk chocolate frosting
- black licorice strings
- jelly beans
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare 24-2 1/2" muffin cups with cooking spray and flour; set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions; stir in cookie crumbs.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool on wire rack.
- Make cat faces on each of the remaining cookies: using some frosting, attach 4-1 1/2" licorice strings for whiskers, 2 jelly bean halves for eyes and 2 chocolate chips for ears.
- Let set at least 30 minutes.
- Frost cupcakes with remaining frosting. Stand cat faces on edge on each cupcake. Place 3" piece licorice string on back half of each cupcake for tail.