Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got this recipe from foodfit.com
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 12 ounces black beans
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 6 pieces pita bread, cut into triangles
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion begins to soften, about 4 minutes. Add the cumin and cook until the onions are completely soft, about 3 minutes more.
- Rinse and drain the black beans.
- Puree the beans in a blender or food processor with onion mixture, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve with pita triangles (witches hats).