Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Here is another version of a Russian-type black bread that does not use sourdough
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons molasses (black strap works great)
- 1 3⁄4 cups rye flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 4 tablespoons oat bran
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- add the liquid ingrediants to the pan.
- add the flours, bran and crumbs.
- add the cocoa, coffee, caraway, salt.
- add the yeast according to your machine's directions.
- use the whole wheat setting with a medium crust.