Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From "Christmas with Southern Living 1994"
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix (cook & serve)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1 tablespoon rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Unfold each pastry and roll to 1/8" thickness on a lightly floured surface. Using a 2-1/2" round cutter, cut out 24 circles from each pastry. Place circles in ungreased miniature (1-3/4") muffin pans. Prick pastry with a fork.
- Bake at 425° for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pans on wire racks.
- Combine pudding mix and milk and cook pudding according to package directions for PIE FILLING.
- Remove 1/2 cup hot pudding to a separate bowl. Add chocolate morsels, stirring until smooth. Spoon 1 teaspoon chocolate mixture into bottom of each pastry.
- Stir rum or rum extract into remaining pudding. Spoon evenly over chocolate mixture in each pastry.
- Chill 2 hours.
- Pipe or dollop each tart with pre-whipped whipping cream.
- Garnish with chocoate shavings, if desired.
- Note: To make this into a 9-inch pie, spoon chocolate mixture into the bottom of a pre-baked 9-inch pastry shell. Cover chocolate mixture with rum-flavored pudding. Dollop with pre-whipped cream and garnish, if desired.
- Cooking Time is Chill Time.