Recipe by looneytunesfan
Luscious hot fudge topping sits between a flaky crust and a creamy filling for a fruity dessert with something extra!
Top Review by LARavenscroft
I, too, found this recipe on the Pillsbury website. I made it for Easter Dinner and everyone raved about it. Was going to post it but found that it was already here. Thanks Looneytunes for posting this - now I don't have too! :-)
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box (from 15 oz box)
- 2⁄3 cup hot fudge topping
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry glaze
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450°F Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass pie pan. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Spread hot fudge topping in bottom of cooled baked shell. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Carefully spread over chocolate layer in shell.
- In medium bowl, gently mix strawberries and pie glaze. Spoon evenly over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Just before serving, pipe or spoon whipped cream around edge of pie. Store in refrigerator.