Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this twenty years ago. Can't remember what cookbook, but I haven't come across this recipe in any other cookbook since then. So here it is. I like this as an alternative to the traditional Southern Pecan Pie.
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pecan halves
Pie Crust and Garnish
- 1 (8 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
- For fudge filling:
- In a small bowl, combine all fudge filling ingredients in the order given. Blend with an electric mixer at medium speed.Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- For pecan topping:
- In another small bowl, combine all ingredients except pecans. Blend with mixer at medium speed until well blended. Stir in pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for the first 20 minutes. Spoon pecan topping over partially baked pie. Return to oven and bake an additional 30-35 minutes until crust is brown. Once cooled can be served as is or with a thick layer of whipped topping swirled over the top. This is a very rich pie.
wow! this is really a Chocolate Pecan pie, but boy is it good. i have made this twice and both times the reviews were great. i give it 5 stars. just remember it is Chocolate Pecan pie, not the black bottom in the title