Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My brother found this recipe in a newspaper article and asked me to make it for Thanksgiving. It was a big hit.
- 2 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 9-inch deep dish pie crusts
- Heat oven to 350.
- Mix sugar, flour and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add milk and butter, mixing well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla and pecan halves and set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix cocoa and chocolate chips. Carefully spread this mixture in the bottom of the pie crusts.
- Gently pour in the pie filling and bake for 30-45 minutes, until the pies no longer jiggle in the middle.