Prep 25 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is from Southern Living.
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- chocolate syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unrool piecrust; fit into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions. Fold edges under and crimp.
- Microwave chocolate chip and whipping cream in a small glass bowl at Medium power 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until chips begin to melt. Whisk until smooth; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and salt at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour chocolate mixture into piecrust, spreading evenly. Pour cream cheese mixture over the chocolate layer.
- Whisk together corn syrup, melted butter, remaining 3 eggs, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Stir in pecans and pour over cream cheese layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until set, shielding pie after about 45 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool completely on a wire rack. Drizzle each slice with chocolate syrup if desired.
A picture of a cut slice of pie so can see the layers?
I actually got this recipe in the mail recently and tried it yesterday. It is delicious !! I used a large graham cracker crust instead of regular pie crust and everything fit in just fine. Very rich.
I made this for thanksgiving and it does not fit in a 9" inch pie plate. Did anyone else have this problem?