Prep 25 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is from Southern Living.
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- chocolate syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unrool piecrust; fit into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions. Fold edges under and crimp.
- Microwave chocolate chip and whipping cream in a small glass bowl at Medium power 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until chips begin to melt. Whisk until smooth; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and salt at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour chocolate mixture into piecrust, spreading evenly. Pour cream cheese mixture over the chocolate layer.
- Whisk together corn syrup, melted butter, remaining 3 eggs, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Stir in pecans and pour over cream cheese layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until set, shielding pie after about 45 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool completely on a wire rack. Drizzle each slice with chocolate syrup if desired.
I actually got this recipe in the mail recently and tried it yesterday. It is delicious !! I used a large graham cracker crust instead of regular pie crust and everything fit in just fine. Very rich.
I made this for thanksgiving and it does not fit in a 9" inch pie plate. Did anyone else have this problem?
This was a great tasting recipe, but it did not all fit in the pie pan. I think only 1/4 - 1/3 of my pecan pie filling mixture actually fit in the pie pan on top of the other ingredients. Everyone loved the flavor of it, and it got rave reviews at our Thanksgiving dinner, but it had very little pecan pie filling - mainly chocolate and cheesecake.