Recipe by Carol Bullock
These rich, fudgy cupcakes taste so good with a dollop of cream cheese in the middle . Yum!
Top Review by sydney2462
This is the same as the Self Filled Cupcakes recipe. Use cake mix to save time (follow directions on the back for cupcakes) and you will have a very nice baked product that I will guarantee will be a big sucess.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) package Better Than Cream Cheese cream cheese substitute
- 1 Ener-G Egg Substitute
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the first 5 ingredients.
- Then add the water, oil and vinegar.
- Beat well.
- In separate bowl, mix the cream cheese, egg sub and sugar on low speed until smooth.
- Fold chocolate chips in.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill cupcake tins 1/2 full with batter.
- Add 1 tbsp filling.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool in tin and remove when set.