Recipe by STK FD WIFE, A.TITUS
These cupcakes are so easy to make and hit the spot when you are craving something sweet.
Top Review by Bad Barb
Truly a great recipe! My daughter "claimed" this recipe after I made it the first time. She loved them, and makes them for friends, co-workers, get-togethers. Everyone now asks her to make "the cupcakes" :)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend cream cheese, egg, 1/3 c.
- sugar and 1/8 tsp.
- salt until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips; set aside.
- Sift remaining sugar, flour, cocoa powder, soda and 1/2 tsp.
- Stir in water, oil, vinegar and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Fill prepared paper cups 1/2 full with cocoa batter.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture on top.
- Sprinkle nuts.
- Bake 30- 35 minutes at 350.