Recipe by Melanie Murray
These are delicious. They are a chocolate cream cheese lovers delight.
Top Review by Manda
I have been making these cupcakes for a few years now, and they are ALWAYS a hit. Only thing I do different is that I use regular white vinegar. I am not a very big chocolate fan, but I must say these cupcakes are simply DIVINE!!! Beware, though...they are addicting!!! Great recipe! ~Manda
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place paper baking cups in twelve 2 inch muffin pan cups.
- To make the filling: Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, sugar, and egg until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- To make the cupcakes: combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the sugar, oil, water and vinegar until combined Gradually stir in the dry ingredients.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups one third full.
- Spoon heaping teaspoonsfuls of the cream cheese mixture onto the chocolate batter in each cup.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the tops spring back when touched.
- Remove from the pan to a wire rack to cool.