I've made these at Christmas to serve to guests or to give away on a goodie tray.
Make and share this Black Bottom Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- slivered almonds, if desired
- Sift dry ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
- Form well in center of dry ingredients and add water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Beat with mixer until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- In separate bowl, cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Drop 1/2 tsp of cream cheese mixture on top.
- If desired, sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes.
Someone brought these to a party I was at last weekend and they were fantastic!!! I couldn't wait to find the recipe and I knew I would find it here! Will make them VERY soon.
can't wait to make these!
I read about Cricket when reviewing this recipe, and want to send my condolences to her family. I made these today for my husband, and he is not much of a sweets eatter..BUT, he absolutely LOVES them!! Thank you so much for sharing..God Bless...