Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the book Crazy About Cupcakes
Make and share this Black Bottom Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 24 round chocolate cookies (like Oreos)
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- Preheat the oven to 325. Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan. Place a chocolate cookie in the bottom of each liner.
- In a large bowl cream together 1 Celsius of the sugar, the oil, and the water until blended. Stir in the vinegar and vanilla.
- In a separate medium bowl mix together flour, baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoons of the salt.
- Add all the dry mixture to the wet mixture and beat until mixed.
- In another medium bowl beat together the cream cheese, eff and the remaining sugar and salt. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill liners half full with the chocolate batter. Top with a heaping tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Bake for 25-30 minute or until the edges of the cupcakes are puffed but the centers look moist.