Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are great and not too sweet cupcakes. Very tasty.
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- butter muffin pan.
- In your food processor or electric mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sugar, egg, and vanilla extract and beat until creamy and smooth.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix the water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the wet ingredients until nice and smooth.
- Evenly divide the batter among the 12 muffin cups.
- Then spoon a few tablespoons of the cream cheese filling into the center of each cupcake.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the chocolate part of the cupcake will come out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.