Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
No need for frosting these rich chocolaty treats 'cause it is inside this secret weapon! Grown-ups and kids will love these decadent desserts.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar (for dusting cupcake tops)
- Cupcake batter:.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Combine wet ingredients (water, oil, and vanilla).
- Slowly beat wet ingredients into dry ingredients until well blended. Set aside.
- Blend cream cheese, sugar and egg together than add in chocolate chips.
- Place cupcake liners into muffin pans.
- Fill liners 1/3 full with chocolate batter.
- Drop 1 heaping teaspoon of cream cheese mixture into middle of each chocolate mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool cupcakes for 15-20 minutes.
- Place on plate and dust tops with powdered sugar.