Recipe by Graybert
Wow....Yummy is all I can say to describe these!
Top Review by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got my copy from a community cookbook. My copy is slightly different. My copy calls for 8oz chocolate chips for the filling. For the cakes it calls for 1/2 tsp salt. The rest is the same. Bake time is slightly different it calls to bake these for 20 minutes. Thanks for posting. Christine (internetnut)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate bits
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup sugar and salt.
- Stir in chocolate morsels; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add flour, cocoa, and remaining 1 cup of sugar and baking soda.
- Add water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Fill 24 greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-third full with chocolate batter.
- Top each with a heaping spoonful of cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with additional sugar, if desired.
- Bake fro 30 to 35 minutes, or until done.