Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Wow....Yummy is all I can say to describe these!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate bits
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup sugar and salt.
- Stir in chocolate morsels; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add flour, cocoa, and remaining 1 cup of sugar and baking soda.
- Add water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Fill 24 greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-third full with chocolate batter.
- Top each with a heaping spoonful of cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with additional sugar, if desired.
- Bake fro 30 to 35 minutes, or until done.
I have not tried this recipe. I got my copy from a community cookbook. My copy is slightly different. My copy calls for 8oz chocolate chips for the filling. For the cakes it calls for 1/2 tsp salt. The rest is the same. Bake time is slightly different it calls to bake these for 20 minutes. Thanks for posting. Christine (internetnut)
These cupcakes are addicting. You can't just eat one! I got this recipe from Susan Meldelson, owner/operator of the Lazy Gourmet in Vancouver. I highly recommend this recipe
This recipe is just like the chocolate cream cheese muffins that are sold at Starbucks. BUT make these and take them to Starbucks to have with your coffee because these are BETTER. The bakery who makes these needs this recipe instead, theirs are a lousy way to spend $1.95