Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious treat anytime!
Make and share this Black Bottom Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 8 ounces fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Begin preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the small bowl of an electric mixer beat the egg whites until foamy, add the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Blend until smooth.
- Stir in the choclate chips.
- Set aside.
- Into a medium bowl whisk or stir together the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and baking powder until well combined, about 15-20 seconds.
- In a large bowl whisk together the sugar, water, yogurt and vanilla until the sugar has dissolved, about 30 seconds.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir and whisk until the dry ingredients are just moistened, about 20 seconds.
- Lightly spray the inside of 20 foil cupcake cups with the vegetable oil.
- Fill each cup about half-full of batter.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon of the filling.
- Dust each cupcake top with 1/4+ teaspoon of the pecans.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until the top springs back when gently pressed.
- Remove from the oven and cool.