Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love this recipe because it has a nice combination of flavors. this is from my Gram's cookbook Occident/King Midas 120 Bar Cookie Recipes
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2-1 cup maraschino cherry
- 2 cups grated coconut
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Melt butter.Add cocoa,sugar,flour and egg;mix well.
- Spread in greased 9x9 inch pan.Place cherries on.
- chocolate mixture.
- Combine coconut and sweetened condensed milk. Spoon over base;spread to cover.Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes.Frost warm.Cool;cut in squares.
- Chocolate Frosting:.
- Melt together 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips,1 Tablespoon butter,and 1 Tablespoon milk. Stir in 1/2 cup powdered sugar;beat until smooth. If necessary,thin with additional milk.