Recipe by flower7
From Cooking Light. Very fudgy and moist. Prune butter is used in place of oil - it doesn't make the cupcakes taste like prunes! lol
Top Review by Maito
I was calling these lite mocha cheesecake brownies, and everyone raved about them! Based on what I had in the house, I subbed applesauce for the prune and regular instant coffee for the espresso (at 4 times the amount). I reduce fat all the time, but was worried about the cream cheese not having any fat at all and the lack of any tub margarine in a baked good, but amazingly, they were really great!
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup prune butter
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 18 paper muffin cup liners in muffin cups; coat liners with cooking spray and set aside.
- For cream cheese filling: beat cream cheese in a bowl at medium speed of a mixer until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and egg, and beat until well-blended; set filling aside.
- For chocolate batter: combine first 6 ingredients (flour through salt) in a large bowl.
- Combine water, prune butter, vinegar, and vanilla; stir well.
- Add prune butter mixture to flour mixture, stirring with a wire whisk until blended.
- Divide chocolate batter evenly among cups; spoon cream cheese mixture evenly on top of chocolate batter in each cup.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and almonds over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans 5 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire rack.