Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Kraft Food and Family. I made this pie tonight for dessert and it is a keeper. It is a no-bake pie so it was quick and easy to make. Prep time includes 4 hours to chill in the refrigerator
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 25 vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix, 4 serving size
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup Cool Whip, thawed
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter; place in medium bowl.
- Add wafer crumbs and sugar; mix well.
- Remove 2 tablespoons of the crumb mixture; set aside for later use.
- Press remaining crumb mixture firmly onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate; set aside.
- Microwave chocolate and 2 tablespoons butter on High 1 minute or until butter is melted; stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Drizzle evenly onto bottom or crust; top with bananas. Set aside.
- Prepare dry pudding mix as directed on package for pie; pour evenly over bananas.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours up to 24 hours.
- Top with cool whip just before serving; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons crumb mixture.