Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2⁄3 cups mashed, ripe bananas (, , 3 or 4 medium)
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grease and flour a 9X5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar on high speed, about 1 minute.
- Stop mixer and add eggs.
- Continue beating until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add milk and stir until combined.
- Remove from mixer.
- In another mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- With a wooden spoon, stir flour-mixture and mashed bananas into the creamed butter-mixture until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of bread comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Gently remove loaf from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
This recipe comes from "West of the Rockies Jr. League", 1994, page 90, Grand Junction, CO. I was making this with the loaf pan and the center was always mushy. Started using a Bundt pan, baked for 55 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and it comes out great.