Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious and very moist. Even better the second day.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat until thoroughly combined.
- Blend in the bananas.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide batter in half.
- Add cocoa to half; spread into a greased 13-in x 9-in pan.
- Spoon remaining batter on top and swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until the bars test done.
These were very moist and super easy to make! It only took me about ten minutes to put together, which is a real plus when you're rushed for time! I took some advice from the other reviewer and added some "white" chocolate chips to the chocolate mix - a real nice touch! The bananas give it such a wonderful taste - I served them to friends who came by for a quick get together and everyone thought that they were a definite "5"!! These are great - you really have to try them - moist, easy and delicious! Next time I'm going to try and add some roasted pecans to the chocolate half - yet another variation. Thank-you for posting this recipe - a definite winner in my books!!
Great recipe and oh so easy! They are a nice change from the old everyday banana bread. Thanks much!!!
I'm not one to complain about anything that has bananas in it, but these deserve a standing ovation!!!! I followed the recipe exactly, and these were awesome! They are sooo easy to make, too! Thank you!! ~Manda