Recipe by Latchy
Very tasty marinade, and this is a slight adaption from a recipe by Iain Hewitson. Prep time does not take into account marinating time.
Top Review by acid.
This made an incredibly tasty and tender steak, loved the flavors of the marinade. I used rib eye steaks and the marinade was enough for about 2.5 pounds of steak.Excellent will make again soon.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry or 1⁄4 cup sake
- 1⁄4 cup mirin (Japanese wine)
- 1 tablespoon ketjap manis
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 3 green onions, finely sliced (spring onions)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 (150 g) steak fillets, well trimmed of fat and sinew (or any steak of your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place soy, sherry (or sake) mirin, kecap manis, garlic, ginger, pepper and spring onions in a bowl and whisk to mix.
- Put the steaks and the marinade in a ziplock bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning every half hour or so.
- When ready cook steaks on a preheated ridged grill or bbq to desired degree of doneness, basting with marinade.