1/1 Photo of Black & Blue Steak, Asian Style
Very tasty marinade, and this is a slight adaption from a recipe by Iain Hewitson. Prep time does not take into account marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or 1/4 cup sake
- 1/4 cup mirin (Japanese wine)
- 1 tablespoon ketjap manis
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 3 green onions, finely sliced (spring onions)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 (150 g) steak fillets, well trimmed of fat and sinew (or any steak of your choice)
- 1Place soy, sherry (or sake) mirin, kecap manis, garlic, ginger, pepper and spring onions in a bowl and whisk to mix.
- 2Put the steaks and the marinade in a ziplock bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning every half hour or so.
- 3When ready cook steaks on a preheated ridged grill or bbq to desired degree of doneness, basting with marinade.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black & Blue Steak, Asian Style
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 606.0
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 114.0 mg
- Sodium 1194.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 35.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: