Prep 14 mins
Cook 0 mins
Legend has it that this was a favourite dish of Alexander The Grape. (If you can't find Stilton, substitute any good blue-veined cheese.)
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and stoned
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice only
- 1⁄4 lb Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 3 ounces seedless black grapes, halved
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 ounce toasted breadcrumb
- grapes (to garnish)
- Scoop the flesh from the avocados, chop and mix with lemon juice.
- In a bowl mix the Stilton, grape halves, pepper and sour cream with avocado.
- Spoon the mixture back into avocado shells, and sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
- Garnish with grapes.
- Refrigerate if being prepared in advance.