48 hrs 15 mins
A grandmother recipe made easier with the help of Mom:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the cherries and sugar in a large, heavy, shallow, non-reactive saucepan.
- 2Set aside to plump, several hours or as long as overnight.
- 3Add the water to the cherries and bring to a boil.
- 4Cook for 5 minutes; then add the lemon juice and boil rather fast until the juice has thickened like jelly and a candy thermometer reads 221*F.
- 5Remove pan from heat and allow the preserves to sit overnight, covered; refrigerate them, if you'd rather.
- 6The next day, reheat the preserves to the boiling point and spoon them into hot, sterilized canning jars and seal.
- 7Store in the refrigerator, or (better) in the freezer.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bing Cherry Preserves
Serving Size: 1 (1369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1367.3
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 352.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 333.3 g
- Protein 5.6 g