Barb Gertz's Note:
Another good black bean dish. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 5 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup crushed tomato, plus
- 1 tablespoon crushed tomatoes
- 3 ounces canned green chilies
- 3 1/2 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 teaspoons cilantro or 4 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1Heat oil in a heavy non-reactive saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add next 4 ingredients and saute 4-5 minutes or until onion begins to soften.
- 3Stir in remaining ingredients, EXCEPT beans, cilantro and salsa.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently until mixture is thickened.
- 6Stir in beans and cook another 3 minutes until beans are heated throughout.
- 7Sprinkle with cilantro.
- 8Serve with Salsa.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Beans with Peppers and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.5
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 144.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: