Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick and delicious way to make black beans with a little zing. I served them for a dinner party and it was so easy to make them up in the afternoon and then let them heat in the crock pot on low until we were ready for dinner.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- Drain and rinse black beans.
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat and saute garlic and cumin until fragrant.
- Add black beans, broth and salt.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, stirring frequently until beans are heated through.
- OR, after sauteeing the garlic and cumin, you can place everything in a crockpot on low heat for a couple of hours.
- If desired, stir in the cilantro just prior to serving.
Very yummy! I cut the recipe in half and added the juice of 1 lime, but otherwise followed exactly. Really loved the garlic flavor!!
Amazingly great flavor and quick to make! I cut the oil down to 1 1/2 tbsps. I did use the optional cilantro..... I think it's a must! These beans go perfectly with spanish rice. Thanx!
I served this with grilled chicken marinated in Esse's South American sauce & a salad. Delicious meal. Emphasize to watch carefully so that the canned beans do not overcook, just warm through.