Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Black beans are the preferred ones in the Gulf of Mexico. This is one tasy way of enjoying them. Cooking time doesn't include precooking of beans, since you can use many methods of cooking the, or even used canned.
- 3 cups precooked black beans, undrained,but more beans than liquid
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped red radishes
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (or less)
- tortilla chips (optional)
- Sautee onion in oil.
- Add beans and lemon juice.
- Separatelty, mix sour cream with parsely and radish.
- Serve beans hot and place a dollop of the prepared cream on top of them.
- May be served with tortilla chips.
This made a really yummy taco filling!
We really enjoyed this recipe tonight! Unfortunately, it was a last minute addition to our dinner, so I didn't have any parsley or radishes. Instead I added a dash of garlic salt to the beans. I used 2 cans of pre-cooked beans. Simple as it was this way, it was very good and made a nice accompaniment to our meatloaf instead of the standard mashed potatoes. Thanks for the great (and easy) recipe!