Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- Sauté onions and garlic in oil on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and continue to cook for 1 hour or until most of liquid is absorbed.
- Serve over bed of rice.
Really Really good! Might sound odd, but just try it. I ate mine with some warm corn tortillas instead of rice. Thanks for the great recipe! I'm making it again right now.
Quite an unusual tasting meal which is really difficult to describe. You either like it or you don't. The jalapeno gives a very nice kick but does so subtly - you will not notice it for the first few seconds. Definitely something to be eaten wih rice. Quite substantial.