1/5 Photos of Black Beans, Sausage and Rice
My whole family enjoys this easy dish. I make it often with cornbread on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning (I use Tony’s Chachere’s Original Creole seasoning)
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup long grain rice, not instant
- 1In a large family skillet with lid, heat oil on medium heat.
- 2Add onion, green onion and garlic; sauté until soft.
- 3Add sausage and Creole seasoning.
- 4Once sausage is slightly brown, add Rotel and black beans.
- 5Stir until just combined.
- 6Pour chicken broth into measuring cup and add water to measure 2 cups.
- 7Add 1-cup rice and broth, water mixture to skillet.
- 8Stir until combined.
- 9Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- 10Cook until rice is cooked through and mixture is thickened slightly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Beans, Sausage and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.8
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.2 mg
- Sodium 1038.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 17.8 g