My whole family enjoys this easy dish. I make it often with cornbread on the side.
Make and share this Black Beans, Sausage and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning (I use Tony’s Chachere’s Original Creole seasoning)
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup long grain rice, not instant
- In a large family skillet with lid, heat oil on medium heat.
- Add onion, green onion and garlic; sauté until soft.
- Add sausage and Creole seasoning.
- Once sausage is slightly brown, add Rotel and black beans.
- Stir until just combined.
- Pour chicken broth into measuring cup and add water to measure 2 cups.
- Add 1-cup rice and broth, water mixture to skillet.
- Stir until combined.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook until rice is cooked through and mixture is thickened slightly.