An unusually good recipe! Originally on the tasteofcuba.com web site but have taken the liberty of tweaking a bit here and there.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml chorizo sausage, crumbled
- 118.29 ml red bell pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 177.44 ml water
- 4.92 ml oregano, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- salt, to taste
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 473.18 ml cooked white rice
- 118.29 ml fresh mango, chopped
- 1Cook chorizo, red bell pepper and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes, till sausage is browned.
- 2Add next 5 ingredients; bring to boil.
- 3Reduce heat; cook and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Remove bay leaf.
- 5To serve, spoon bean mixture over rice in serving bowls, then top with fresh mango.
- 6If desired, garnish with fresh oregano.
- 7*If chorizo is unavailable, use any other spicy sausage.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Beans & Rice With Mango
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.8
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.1 mg
- Sodium 60.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 7.5 g