Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An unusually good recipe! Originally on the tasteofcuba.com web site but have taken the liberty of tweaking a bit here and there.
- 1⁄4 cup chorizo sausage, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mango, chopped
- Cook chorizo, red bell pepper and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes, till sausage is browned.
- Add next 5 ingredients; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; cook and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- To serve, spoon bean mixture over rice in serving bowls, then top with fresh mango.
- If desired, garnish with fresh oregano.
- *If chorizo is unavailable, use any other spicy sausage.